After finishing your graduation rites, it is now the right time for you to make a transition and prepare for the challenges of the corporate world. In case you are a fresh graduate who are hunting jobs for recent college grads, statistics shows that you have a very great chance of having your first job. Based on the study of MSU (Michigan State University), the level of hiring in all college degree will increase up to 15% in the year 2015-2016. All signs are projecting an impressive increase in the employment market. Most of the fresh graduates may already have started their job seeking adventure months ahead. But if you are one of those degree holders that have yet to start their job hunting, here are some of the tips that you will find useful.
5 Essential Tips When Hunting Jobs For Recent College Grads
- Leverage Social Media-Technological innovations have changes the way we hunt jobs for recent college grads. Nowadays, it is highly expected that social media will serve as one of your means to look for your job. Be sure that you will polish your social media profile. Compared to how you describe yourself when you were just a student, your profile now needs to look more professional. It is a great way to showcase your skills and expertise. It is now the right time for you to brush on your photos and status and delete the post that may affect your credibility. Remember that the hiring manager will likely browse your social media profile when you are applying for a particular job.
- Offline Networking-This is in highly contrast with the first tips. Though internet is a great way to find jobs for recent college grads, you should not discount the traditional way of job hunting. One of the best ways on how you will find prospected jobs is through local association of professionals. Talking with professionals who have the same way of thinking can influence you immensely.
- Know Your Desires-When you started your college career, you are probably unaware of the things that you truly desire. However, after your graduation rites, you should now have the distinct definition of the things that you want out of your professional life. You should have a plan for the next five years of your career. The first jobs for recent college grads will serve as a passage for the things that they ultimately desire in their career.
- What did you learn-You are a fresh applicant hunting jobs for recent college grads, you do not have work experience, so it is necessary to highlight the things that you learn. Even if your experience is only internship, you still have means to feature your skills and give that notion that you can be a valuable employee.
- Start Early- One of the best tips when hunting jobs for recent college grads is to start very early. The building of the social circle should start during the freshman year, start joining clubs and affiliations that is associated with your degree. Treat everything as an opportunity to learn, you need to get much experience to land on your dream job.
When hunting jobs for recent college grads, be sure to follow some of these critical tips. It is important for you to use internet but do not heavily rely on it.